2023 Minnesota Nutrition Conference
September 20 & 21, 2023
Consider submitting a Poster for the Annual Graduate Student Poster Competition at the Minnesota Nutrition Conference!
Taking place at the 84th Minnesota Nutrition Conference at Mankato Civic Center in Mankato, MN, on September 20 and 21, 2022.
Students may submit posters related to nutrition, growth, or management of any major livestock species (poultry, swine, dairy, beef, equine, small ruminants, etc.). Both original posters and posters that have been presented previously at national or sectional meetings are allowed.
Monetary awards, provided by the Minnesota Nutrition Conference, are:
·1st Place - $500
·2nd Place - $200
·3rd Place - $100
Students must present the posters during the evening reception on Wednesday September 20 in order to qualify for the awards. Winners will be announced during lunch on Thursday September 21. Checks will be mailed to the winners.
1. Limit of 1 contribution per student.
2. Poster format will be according to guidelines for the American Society of Animal Science (ASAS), Poultry Science Association (PSA) or American Dairy Science Association (ADSA) poster presentations.
3. Boards to display posters are 8’ wide X 4’ tall.
4. Posters must be a minimum of 4' X 3'; maximum of 7.5' x 4'.
5. Students must bring their own push pins.
6. Submit a 2,500-character (including spaces; about 380 words) abstract in advance (format and technical standards same as for abstracts submitted for ASAS, PSA or ADSA meetings).
7. Submit a copy of your poster in PDF format (this file will be used by committee chairs to evaluate each contribution).
8. Poster contributions (abstract and poster in PDF format) will be evaluated by a panel of independent judges with expertise across multiple livestock industries.
9. Space is limited; 16 posters will be selected. If more than 16 are submitted, a pre-selection of contributions will be necessary to eliminate posters. If selected, students will be informed by September 18, 2022.
Both the abstract and PDF copy of the poster must be received electronically by 11:59 pm CDT on September 8, 2023. Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
Send files to:
Isaac Salfer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Set up & take down:
Posters must be set up between 8:30 AM and 12:00 PM on September 20 and taken down after lunch on September 21.